- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
Bar & Court Admissions
Vivian H. Turner is an associate in the Health and Welfare practice at Groom Law Group. Ms. Turner's practice includes a broad array of issues relating to HIPAA portability, HIPAA privacy, compliance with state and federal insurance regulations and ERISA.
Before joining Groom, Ms. Turner served as Assistant General Counsel and Privacy Officer at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont where she advised on a variety of HIPAA privacy and compliance issues, health care reform, state and federal regulatory issues and ERISA compliance. In private practice, she represented public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings and ongoing securities law requirements.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont, Assistant General Counsel 2009-2011
- American Health Lawyer Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel – New to In-House Committee Annual Meeting Chair
- Women's Bar Association