- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., summa cum laude, LeMoyne College
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Michael J. Prame is a Principal at Groom and represents benefit plan fiduciaries, financial institutions, insurers, investment managers, recordkeepers and other service providers to benefit plans in class actions and complex litigation matters. Within his litigation practice, Mr. Prame also represents service providers and plan sponsors in Department of Labor investigations and enforcement matters. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Prame focuses on matters involving the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) as well as benefits issues arising in corporate transactions and bankruptcy, including plan funding and retiree health issues.
Mr. Prame is a member of Groom’s executive management committee. Prior to joining the management committee, Mr. Prame chaired the firm’s litigation practice group.
Honors & Distinctions
- Listed, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, ERISA Litigation (2008-2016)
- Leading Lawyer, The Legal 500 US, ERISA Litigation (2014-2016)
- Listed, The Legal 500 US, ERISA Litigation (2008-2015)
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, ERISA Litigation (2016-2017)
- Listed, Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits (2016-2017)