Richness in Diversity
We have always found strength in differences, assembling a talented team of people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. It makes us more creative and contributes significantly to maintaining our standard of excellence. We want our colleagues to be comfortable being themselves and to help them reach their full potential.
Our Diversity Committee strives to increase diversity not only at Groom but among benefits attorneys and the legal profession generally. We work to
- educate our professionals about diversity through new-hire orientation, breakfast with the Diversity Committee, Associates' luncheons, Principals' meetings,
- participate and support diversity-focused recruitment events and programs, such as the HBNA Law Camp and the NBA Crump Law Camp,
- reach out to law schools in order to recruit diverse candidates through our participation in job fairs and other recruiting events,
- mentor and retain diverse attorneys through our "peer to peer" mentoring program for all new attorneys,
- encourage prospective law students and new attorneys to pursue benefits law through our employee benefits career panels at local law schools,
- fund minority scholarships, and more.
To read specifics about our diversity efforts and recent events, click here.