At Groom Law Group, we understand that our clients and potential clients expect their law firms to provide excellent service, with staffing that reflects the diversity and inclusion of their own organizations. We believe that an ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to increase our already high standard of excellence.
We find strength in differences in background and perspective among our attorneys. We value professionals who are smart and creative, and invite them to be active participants in our team-oriented environment. We seek to ensure that each attorney who joins our team feels welcomed and valued at the firm, so that he or she can realize his or her full potential. For example, each attorney at our firm is encouraged to participate in a cluster group that meets regularly to discuss any topic of the group’s choice. These informal cluster groups sometimes plan activities outside of the firm and serve as an informal setting in which our attorneys can interact with each other.
To ensure that attorneys of diverse backgrounds are provided with access to the types of projects and activities that will encourage professional development and success, diversity and inclusive matters are overseen by a committee tasked with all attorneys' professional development. This committee, the Professional Development and Inclusion Committee, is focused on:
- Supporting a work environment for all attorneys that encourages and supports the development of critical analytical skills and superior legal expertise in the employee benefits field through training and feedback
- Ensuring that all attorneys are offered opportunities to demonstrate and cultivate their abilities by working on challenging projects
- Developing and maintaining initiatives to foster a culture of inclusion, with opportunities for relationship building and mentoring
- Educating our professionals about the importance of diversity and inclusiveness, which allows Groom to leverage individual differences and talents to deliver innovative and creative legal solutions to clients
- Working with the firm’s Recruiting Committee to identify resources and opportunities, including job fairs, minority recruitment databases, and networking opportunities, to recruit professionals from diverse backgrounds
- Contributing to the field of employee benefits and tax law by encouraging minority candidates to consider law school and new attorneys to consider tax and employee benefits law
We are committed to a workplace of diversity and inclusion. This is a priority of our firm leadership. Because we understand that achieving and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace requires sustained effort, our diversity initiatives are integrated and measured with our firm's long-term strategic goals.
Groom Law Group is also committed to supporting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. For example, we support outstanding law students who have an interest in and commitment to diversity by awarding a $10,000 per year scholarship for three years of law school.