Plan Funding and Restructuring Litigation
We represent clients in litigation concerning funding and restructuring issues, including litigation addressing:
- Modification of collective bargaining agreements concerning benefit issues under section 1113 of the Bankruptcy Code and modification of retiree health and welfare obligations under section 1114 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Disputes over the termination and date of plan termination for single-employer defined benefit plans.
- Disputes with Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) over termination liability (inside and outside of bankruptcy).
- Disputes concerning withdrawal liability.
- Disputes concerning collection of plan contributions.
- Disputes concerning plan amendments.
- Class actions concerning retiree health plan and other plan changes.