- Captive Insurance Companies in Benefits Financing Arrangements
- Collective Investment Trusts and Group Trusts
- Department of Labor Audits and Investigations
- Department of Labor Prohibited Transaction Exemptions and Corrections
- Department of Labor Regulatory Initiatives
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Preemption
- Employer Securities and Employer Real Property
- Fiduciary Duties for Governmental Plans
- Fiduciary Issues for Welfare Plans
- Financial and Insurance Product Development
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment of Plan Assets
- Multiple Employer Plans
- Plan Sponsor and Plan Fiduciary Counseling
- Reporting and Disclosure
- Representation Before Government Agencies
- Securities Law
- Valuation of Alternative Investments
From the first regulations issued by the Department of Labor to issues seen in today's news, the attorneys in Groom's Fiduciary Responsibility Group have helped to shape every major administrative initiative related to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act's (ERISA) fiduciary responsibility provisions. We have been out front in obtaining interpretations of fiduciary rules related to plan expenses, identifying plan assets, participant-directed plans, payment of commissions, and reporting and disclosure.
We regularly advise plan sponsor clients on plan governance, plan administration and plan investment matters. And we advise financial institutions, third party administrators and plan consultants and on the design of new financial products and plan administration services.
- DOL Issues Field Assistance Bulletin with Enforcement Relief from DOL Fiduciary Rule and Exemption Requirements Pending Rule Delay
- DOL Proposes 60-Day Delay to Fiduciary Rule
- Fiduciary Rule Update: Is the Applicability Date Applicable?
- Fiduciary Rule Survives Challenge in Texas