- 401(k) Plan Fee Disclosure Legislation
- Cash Balance Plan Legislation
- Defined Benefit Funding Changes and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Reform Legislation
- Executive Compensation Legislation
- Health Care Reform Legislation
- Lobbying Disclosure and Political Contribution Rules
- Multiemployer/Taft-Hartley Plan Legislation
- Regulatory Guidance and Legislation
- Representation Before Government Agencies
- Securities Law
Policy and Legislation
The attorneys in Groom’s Policy and Legislation Group have a national reputation as experts on policy issues related to employee benefits and leading advocates for a broad range of clients with a stake in federal legislation and regulatory guidance.
Drawing on our substantive expertise and hands-on experience, we work on benefits-related policies and legislation with members of Congress and the Executive Branch on behalf of trade associations, plan sponsors, financial institutions, health care organizations, and other clients from the benefits community. We also keep clients informed of legislative and regulatory developments and trends and help them evaluate how potential policy changes would impact their employee benefit plans and arrangements.
Our related practices describe some of the major substantive areas in which our attorneys assist clients.
- US Congress Provides Pension Funding Relief to Help Mitigate Effects of Quantitative Easing
- Pension Funding Relief and PBGC Premium Increases in Final Highway Legislation
- Budget Control Act of 2011: How the Debt Limit and Budget Negotiations Could Impact Health and Retirement Plans
- IRS Releases Notice 2011-35 and Requests Comments on Health Coverage Fee to Fund Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute