Plan Sponsor and Plan Fiduciary Counseling
Groom attorneys regularly attend and make presentations at client meetings, including the highest level board meetings. We counsel plan sponsors and fiduciary committees on plan governance structure and administration, as well as plan amendment and design issues. Examples of our relevant experience include:
- Conducting audits for several large plans, focusing on fiduciary governance structure, monitoring of company stock and plan fee arrangements.
- Counseling clients regarding fiduciary duties in connection with the selection and monitoring of investment programs for employee benefit plans, including investment of retirement plan assets, participant communications, and administration of employee benefit plans.
- Providing advice to financial institutions on the structure of their investment management, advisory services, recordkeeping, and other agreements with benefit plans.
- Providing advice on participant disclosure and notice requirements, including disclosure under participant directed plans, black-out notices and annual funding notices.
- Advising on compliance with Form 5500 annual reporting requirements.