Representation of Retirement Plan Sponsors and Plan Fiduciaries in Litigation
Groom represents retirement plan sponsors, financial institutions, other service providers, trade associations, and other clients nationwide in complex litigation matters. Our portfolio of experience includes:
- Controversies involving the preemption, prudence and prohibited transaction provisions of ERISA.
- Cash balance plan litigation.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and 401(k) plan employer stock cases.
- Complex benefits claims disputes.
- Federal agency investigations.
- Disputes related to rabbi trusts, "top hat" plans, and other executive compensation arrangements.
- Class action and multi-district litigation, including 401(k) fee cases.
- Lawsuits regarding governmental plan fee structures.
- Disputes involving plan service providers.
- Amicus curiae briefs addressing benefits issues of general importance to plan sponsors, service providers, and trade associations.