At Groom, Andrée St. Martin provides representation to a broad range of clients, including corporate and public plans, multiemployer and multiple employer plans, mutual funds, insurance companies, banks, investment managers, TPAs and record keepers, and other service providers to employee benefit plans.
She focuses primarily on issues related to Title I of ERISA, including fiduciary responsibility and prohibited transaction matters, as well as similar standards applicable to governmental plans.
Andrée obtains prohibited transaction exemptions from the Department of Labor (DOL) and represents plans and service providers in DOL investigations. She negotiates contracts and investments on behalf of plans and service providers, and provides substantive support on behalf of plans and providers in litigation. Andrée also specializes in helping financial institutions structure investments and other products and services for the pension and welfare plan market.
- Associate General Counsel, United Mine Workers of America Health and Retirement Funds
- Litigator, Department of Labor’s Plan Benefit Security Division
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits Law (2006-2017)
- Listed, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2007-2018)
- Listed, The Legal 500 US, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2009-2014)
- Listed, Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits (2013-2017)