Groom strives to provide state of the art, strategic legal solutions for the full range of our clientsâ€™ retirement, benefits, and health needs.Â To deliver creative and innovative solutions, Groom must attract, retain and develop superior lawyers with a diverse range of experiences, perspectives, and characteristics. Â We believe that an ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to increase our already high standard of excellence.
We have always found strength in differences, assembling a talented team of people with varied backgrounds and perspectives.Â It makes us more creative and contributes significantly to maintaining our standard of excellence.Â We want our colleagues to be comfortable being themselves and to help them reach their full potential.
Our Diversity Committee strives to increase diversity not only at Groom but among benefits attorneys and the legal profession generally.Â We work to
- educate our professionals about diversity through new-hire orientation, breakfast with the Diversity Committee, Associates’ luncheons, and Principals’ meetings,
- participate in and support diversity-focused recruitment events and programs, such as the HBNA Law Camp and the NBA Crump Law Camp,
- reach out to law schools in order to recruit diverse candidates through our participation in job fairs and other recruiting events,
- mentor and retain diverse attorneys through our “peer to peer” mentoring program for all new attorneys,
- encourage prospective law students and new attorneys to pursue benefits law through our employee benefits career panels at local law schools,
- fund diversity-based scholarships, and more.
To read specifics about our diversity recent events,Â click here.