American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) will host its Employee Benefit Plans of Tax-Exempt and Governmental Employers 2018 conference from Monday, September 24 to Tuesday, September 25 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, DC. The nationally recognized conference will provide updates on the changing benefits landscape, with a special focus on tax-exempt and governmental plans.
Groom Principal and Planning Co-Chair of the conference, David Powell, will be joined by other leading benefits professionals on the panels “Hot Topics in Benefits with Special Tax-Exempt and Governmental Employer Highlights” and “Church Plan Litigation and Other Updates.”
Other relevant briefings will include:
- Retirement plan investment litigation, including the wave of 403(b) plan litigation against colleges/universities
- Environmental, social, governance driven investing changes
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act implications on executive compensation, plan corrections, §457(f), and unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
- Practical implications of contracting for benefit service providers
- Government agency/legislative updates
To hear a brief word from David Powell, please watch the video below.