Lou Mazawey is the co-chair for ALI-ABA’s conference on Retirement, Deferred Compensation, and Welfare Plans for Tax Exempt and Governmental Employers, September 6-8 in Washington, D.C. David Powell will participate on two panels regarding 409(b) regualtions and a Church Plan update.
- 403(b) Plans An IRS official joins private practitioners in discussing topics including the comprehensive new final regulations (if published), an update on 403(b) audits and correction programs, and the effect of other new guidance
- 457 Plans Private practitioners and IRS and Treasury attorneys examine current developments regarding eligible and ineligible 457 plans, including final regulations under Code section 409A and IRS audit activity
- Plans of State and Local Governments Practitioners who regularly work with state and local governmental plans share their experience with new trends in governmental 401(a), 403(b), and 457 plans, and comment on recent audit activity
- Church Plans Two church plan experts bring registrants up-to-date on new developments and unique issues facing church plans
- Current Issues Facing Defined Benefit Plan Sponsors Two experienced practitioners and a Treasury official review implications of various Pension Protection Act provisions, including funding and cash balance plans, and IRS regulatory developments
- New Final Section 415 Rules Faculty on several panels highlight implications of the new rules and other new guidance in this area as they apply to qualified plans, 403(b) programs, and 457(b) plans
- Current Issues Facing Defined Contribution Plan Sponsors Û A panel of top practitioners review the effects of various Pension Protection Act provisions, including auto enrollment, default investments, and participant education and communications, and comment on trends in these and other areas.