David Levine advises plan sponsors, advisors, and other service providers on a wide range of employee benefits matters, from retirement and executive compensation to health and welfare plan matters.
David advises on the design and redesign of complex retirement, executive, and health and welfare plans; ongoing, day-to-day counseling of plan sponsors; in-depth compliance reviews of corporate and governmental benefit programs; products and compliance for retirement and health service providers, and representation of tax-exempt organizations with respect to issues involving corporate governance, executive compensation, and unrelated business income tax liability.
David was previously the Chair of the IRS Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (2011-2013) and is currently a member of the Executive Committee of the Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association and serves in a number of leadership roles in the American Bar Association Tax Section’s Employee Benefits Committee. Mr. Levine regularly speaks on plan design, fiduciary governance, and legislative issues and contributes a recurring column to NAPA Net — The Magazine. He is recognized in the Chambers USA guide for Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation.
- Past Chair, IRS Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT)
- Chair, Legislative Subcommittee, Employee Benefits Committee, Tax Section, American Bar Association
- General Counsel, Japan-America Society of Washington, DC
- Listed, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation (2008-2018)
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits Law (2013-2019)
- Listed, The Legal 500 US, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation (2008-2014)
- Leading Lawyer, The Legal 500 US, Tax Law, Employee Benefits (2008)
- Listed, Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits, Tax (2013-2018)
- Listed, Lawdragon’s Guide to World-Class Employment Lawyers (2014)
- Member, BNA Tax Management Compensation Planning Advisory Board
- Contributing Author, ERISA: A Comprehensive Guide (3rd Edition)
- Contributing Author, 403(b) Answer Book
- Editorial Contributor, NAPA Net — The Magazine
- Editorial Contributor, “Employee Benefits Corner,” TAXES – THE TAX MAGAZINE
- Editorial Contributor, Employee Benefit News Legal Alert