Groom’s Christy Tinnes, co-chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, is once more taking part in the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (“MCCA”) 2022 LMJ Scholarship Selection Committee, marking 16 years of Groom supporting the program. The LMJ Scholarship grants scholarships of $10,000 to students for their first year of law school. In addition to financial support, LMJ scholars are connected with peers, alumni, and mentors, who are available to provide professional support, such as guidance on addressing academic or personal obstacles that arise over the course of their legal careers. Since 2005, the LMJ Scholarship has awarded over $3.7 million in scholarships to 222 students.
The LMJ scholarship is open to women and diverse students who have:
- been accepted to an ABA-accredited law school on a full-time basis;
- an outstanding or promising academic record;
- an interest in corporate law;
- demonstrated community service and leadership qualities;
- a financial need; and a
- commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
To learn more about the program or other MCCA initiatives, please click here.