Bill Sweetnam is the planning chair and Ellen Goodwin is a panelist for the ALI-ABA webcast entitled, “Proposed IRS Regulations on Automatic Contribution Arrangements and Final DOL Default Investment Regulations.” The webcast will take place on Decemeber 17, 2007.
Scope and Purpose
Released by the IRS on November 7, proposed automatic contribution arrangements will affect administrators, employers, participants & beneficiaries of eligible plans that include an automatic contribution arrangement under section 401(k)(13), 401(m)(12), or 414(w).
In addition, the Department of Labor issued final regulations on October 24 that outline the types of default investment alternatives a plan can provide which can protect plan sponsors from liability under ERISA.
In this brief seminar, a national faculty including representatives from the IRS & DOL will help benefits lawyers & general counsel to understand the anticipated changes & how to act in response to them.
Take this convenient 90 minute audio webcast (or phone seminar) to learn:
- How automatic enrollment can help provide retirement security for employees
- How plan administrators can implement the new automatic enrollment
- provisions under the proposed regulations recently issued by the Internal Revenue Service
- What notices a plan sponsor must provide for employees under the new automatic enrollment program
- New Department of Labor rules on what investment options should be provided to protect the plan sponsor from fiduciary liability yet provide retirement security for participants
- What steps to take to have your current automatic investment options comply with the new DOL rules
- Helpful insights about these regulations from Special Counsel at the Internal Revenue Service who helped develop the regulations, and practitioners who work with plan sponsors to develop their programs.
For registration and program information, please click here.