Consistently recognized as one of the top ERISA litigation firms in the country, Groom works hard to achieve the best outcomes for its service provider clients in cases involving all aspects of retirement plans and financial services. We regularly handle a variety of complex matters, including benefit claims, 401(k) fee cases, ESOP-related claims, employer stock claims, executive compensation claims, plan funding and restructuring claims, withdrawal liability claims, and more.
Our litigators have a proven track record of tackling some of the most complicated and novel litigation matters in the retirement plan and financial service spaces. Our attorneys leverage our firm’s deep technical knowledge of ERISA and other applicable laws with thoughtful and dogged advocacy to bring about positive results for our clients.
In addition to representing clients in court, we frequently represent them while they are facing audits and investigations from the Departments of Labor and Treasury, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. We have had great success in helping our service provider clients navigate these complex regulatory investigations. In fact, several of our litigators came to Groom from these government agencies and bring invaluable knowledge and experience to help successfully resolve governmental investigations.
- 401(k) Litigation
- Benefit Claims Litigation
- Church Plan Litigation
- Department of Labor Audits and Investigations
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Preemption
- Employee Stock Litigation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Litigation
- Executive Compensation Litigation
- Internal Revenue Service Audits, Closing Agreements and Litigation
- PBGC Audits, Early Warning Program, and Litigation
- Plan Funding and Restructuring Litigation
- Withdrawal Liability Litigation