Mark Nielsen is the lead presenter for the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) webcast, “New Claims and Appeals Rules under PPACA,” on Thursday, September 16, 2010 from 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM ET.
On August 23, the Department of Labor (DOL) and Health and Human Services (HHS) released the new model forms and interim guidance on the federal external review process under PPACA. This webcast will provide the latest information on:
- Overview of the new claims and appeals regulation and interim guidance
- New timeframes in which to adjudicate claims and appeals
- Changes to internal claim and appeal processes required by the regulation, including EOBs and internal appeal processes
- An overview of the new model forms issued by DOL and HHS
- Safeguards against conflicts of interest
- New external appeal requirements – federal and state processes