Groom Law Group has again earned the highest ranking – Band 1 – in Chambers USA’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation category both nationally and in the District of Columbia. The publication also gave a top-tier ranking to the firm for its ERISA Litigation practice and recognized Groom in its Healthcare category.
Chambers USA 2018 is a publication released by Chambers & Partners, a premier research organization and publisher of legal directories. It provides rankings of law firms, individuals and departments by assessing technical legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness, and client service.
Client Commentary Highlighted by Chambers:
- “The Groom Law Group is clearly the best employee benefits law firm in the US. It has experts in every aspect of ERISA and other benefits. It is authoritative and efficient in its responses.”
- One client appreciates: “You call them up and they immediately get to the heart of the issue,” and adds: “You get practical, useful advice, which they have at their fingertips.“
- One client appreciates “the depth of experience and expertise that the Groom Law Group has,” and also notes: “Being represented by the Groom Law Group gives the client immediate credibility.”
Editorial Commentary from Chambers:
Distinguished employee benefits boutique, widely praised for its handling of a broad array of tax and benefit issues. Highly sought after for its well-established connections to governmental entities and its specialized expertise in matters such as executive compensation, fiduciary responsibility, and plan funding and restructuring. Offers a wealth of experience with regulatory issues affecting plans, including Department of Labor investigations.
Boutique firm with a group of talented litigators handling all manner of contentious employee benefits and executive compensation matters. Provides assistance with the full range of litigation under ERISA including church plan and stock drop cases, alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and ESOP disputes. Offers notable expertise in fee litigation pertaining to 401(k) plans and Department of Labor investigations.
Individual Lawyer Rankings
In addition the national and local recognitions at the practice levels, several of Groom’s lawyers were individually ranked and recognized:
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: Nationwide, DC
- ERISA Litigation: Nationwide
- Healthcare: DC
- Lisa Campbell: DC